Helping your family stay the course!
Disability Planning and Elder Law
Personal independence and financial security are of paramount concern to people facing a choice with their long-term care and for children and adults with special needs and disabilities. Navigating the legal intricacies of conservatorships, commitments, guardianships, special needs trusts, social security disability and Medicaid qualifications can be daunting.
- We provide effective assistance to help our clients achieve their goals.
- We can help prepare and implement special needs trusts that are fully integrated into the client’s estate plan, allowing for the support of a disabled family member.
- Our attorneys can assist people who are seriously injured and receive a personal injury or malpractice settlement with creating a trust to hold and protect the funds while still qualifying for Social Security Disability, Medicaid, Supplemental Security Income and other benefits.
- Our attorneys develop and draft appropriate trusts and, if requested, assist in trust administration and probate court proceedings.
Providing care and housing for a disabled family member or friend is difficult. But there is also the complexity of managing the person’s assets. The professionals at Nemchek & Poeschl are well positioned to assist fiduciaries with all aspects of conservator administration, from the application process in the probate courts to the day-to-day management of their assets to providing the accounting the probate courts demand.
203.316.8277 / email@example.com
- Protect and provide for yourself and your loved ones
- Conservatorships & special needs trusts
- Social Security & Medicaid consultations